how to un-clog a sink

Dear Friends,
Today I was gonna get up way early and do so much around the house. Then my mom called and told me that my sister had her first baby this morning. I had every intention of going to the hospital and seeing my new nephew but my sink decided that I didn’t get to do that. Both drains in my kitchen backed up and would not drain at all.
I tried everything; I poured boiling water down the drain, took my bathroom plunger and plunged and plunged. We don’t have the money to have a plumber come out and fix my sinks. So I had to do it myself. I poured boiling water down the drain several times and when that didn’t work I went to the store for drain cleaner.
When I got to the store and saw the price of those drain cleaners I was in shock. OMG I couldn’t believe how expensive they are or how toxic too. While I was standing there I remembered something my mom use to do to our sink when it wouldn’t drain. So instead of spending the money on drain cleaner I went home and got out my handy dandy all purpose bottle of vinegar and a box of baking soda.
1. I poured a whole bunch of baking soda down the drain.
2. Then I poured vinegar in on top of it.
It bubbled and bubbled like some kind of witches brew but after a couple of times it worked. I then rinsed the sink with some more boiling water and finished cleaning the kitchen.
So the next time you have a drain that’s all clogged reach for the vinegar instead of drain cleaner. It worked for my mom and my grandmother and guess what it still works to this day…….

No comments: