getting your houseplants ready for outside

Dear Friend,
It's Manic Monday and I have one crazy idea to tell you about. Spring is coming and before you know it you like me will be concentrating on your outside garden. Today however we need to work on our house plants. Take as many of your houseplants as you can and place them in the bottom of your bathtub. You'll need to leave a little room for yourself. Yes you heard me leave a little space for you.
* clip off all dead or dry leaves
* take a chop stick and poke it into the soil ( be careful that you don't poke too many holes) this irrigates the soil
* make a new houseplant food mix (see below)
+ in a gallon jug
+ add 1/2 tsp fish emollient
+ drop of lemon dish detergent
+ 1 teaspoon of instant tea ( or run water thru couple of tea bags
in your coffee maker)
+ 1/2 tsp of hydrogen peroxide
+ fill the gallon jug up with water
Pour your plant food into each plant. Let is sit til you are ready to take your usual shower.

Now for the manic part of manic Monday. take a shower with your plants. Yes you heard me shower with your plants. Don't make your water too hot but shower as usual. If you know me by now you'll know that it works so just do it. I don't have a clue why it works just that my grandmother did it and i have always done it too..........

No comments: