from my garden


It is a new month and I am still working on my new flower bed for next season...

I have continued to lay out newspaper each day so that I will have lots of layers of news paper. When I feel like I have effectively killed all the grass on the bottom of my bed then I will begin to ad compost.



I have a huge compost tumbler that I put grass into and will lay it on top of my new bed once I have killed all the weed. I want to make this bed a raised bed so that I can use it more effectively...



I cut several clippings from my sweet potatoe vines and they are already starting to root.. I will go next week and put them in a pot and go from there... I have sold several of them on Craig's list and think I will continue to take clippings and root them and sale them there...



I went and got some free tomato plants from free cycle and will plant them in the ground tomorrow. I have some space in my side flower bed and hope that I can take a couple of plants and pot them to bring in the house for winter fresh tomatoes......

No comments: