I love the smell of manure in the morning.................

Dear friends,
On Saturday DH and I did go to home depot. We got 3 pieces of 2x10x10 for about $11.97 we already had the galvanized screws. Let me give you a little piece of advice make sure that you drill pilot holes. DH didn't listen and of course he split the wood. He got real mad when I made him get more wood because in a year or so it would come apart.
On Sunday we went to the Enchanted Forest Nursery on Kempsville Road and got a bucket of compost for $29.99. It turns out to be about a cubic yard. It has manure in it and other stuff. It ended up being enough to fill each side of the first raised bed. I also top dressed most of my potted plants and used what was left in my homemade seed pots.
I went around the yard singing I love the smell of manure in the morning. It smelled to high heaven but I will have the most wonderful vegetables and flowers when I'm done.
So till next time have a wonderful manure filled day..............LOL

No comments: